I have to say, I’m a sucker for a good whiskey cocktail. And not just any whiskey cocktail, but usually something with darker fruits, like blueberries or blackberries. I don’t know what it is about that flavor combination, but it is my absolute favorite. As I am still newly postpartum, I’ve been pretty excited to whip up some refreshing cocktails (being pregnant throughout the ENTIRE summer with a 2 year old is no joke). I was craving something refreshing, but only had a few ingredients on hand, and I have to say, the end result was…SMASHING (see what I did there??). This will definitely be going into the rotation!
Blueberry Peach Smash
- 1.5 oz Bourbon whiskey (I used Four Roses)
- 1 can Peach sparkling water (I like the Waterloo brand)
- 1 handful Blueberries
- 1 oz Simple syrup
- 3-4 sprigs Fresh mint
- In a glass, muddle your blueberries and mint, saving a few to garnish.
- Pour in the bourbon and the simple syrup, and stir.
- Add a handful of ice, then pour in your sparkling water until the glass is full.
- Stir again, then garnish.